Face Changing of Sichuan Opera
Face Changing (Chinese:变脸) is one deforce in many Chinese operas and enjoys a high reputation home and abroad, of which that of Sichuan Opera is the most famous. It is said that a master of this unique performance can change a maximum masks over 30 at a time in 5 minutes.
According to the story, face changing is a survival skill in ancient times that people make different masks to scare the invasive wild animals; it was borrowed later into operas by artists as a unique art form. Weird and ferocious faces to be changed in operas to express inner sentiments of the character, such as terror, despair, rage, etc, when the character is in great emotional twists. This unique skill is highly-required for prompt movements with flawless handling.
More Topics for Chinese Culture
Far and wide known as Kungfu (功夫) all over the world, Chinese martial art is also called Wugong (武功) or Wushu (武术) at home by Chinese people. It can be seen as an art of attack and defense in which a series of skills and trick are highly emphasize...
Being a vivid Chinese cultural specialty as well as Kungfu and traditional Chinese medicine, Chinese tea has been being developed in China for a long time accompanied with which a series of tea culture took shape. Widely known in Chinese history as a...
Hot Tours 2018
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour