The Sanxingdui Ruins, lying at Nanxing Town, Guanghan City in the north of the Chengdu plains,Sichuan,is 8 kilometers to the west west part of Guanghan proper.
In the long-history city there are green hills and fresh water, the scenery is beautiful, the climate is gentle,the product is rich. The name Sanxingdui means the three-star mounds at the ruins, indicating three stars in company with the moon.The scientific discoveries and excavation to Sanxingdui unveiled the history of 5,000 years of ancient Shu.
It shows the whole world "Sanxingdui Civilization", which flies its own pit fete Sanxingdui color in the East Culture.The Sanxingdui Ruins are made up of several large relic areas, the largest, most important and elegant ancient Shu Culture relics groups in Sichuan. The excavations started in 1980, the ruins cover 12 square-kilometers in total. It was designated by the name of "a major historical and cultural unit under state protection"in 1988.
Two large sacrificial pits of the Shang Dynasty were successively found at the Sanxingdui Ruins in 1986. About 1000 pieces of precious relics of gold, bronze and jade, etc. were unearthed, shocking China and the rest of the world. Especially, the groups of bronze statues, mostly ritual articles, variously-shaped and extremely exquisite. Among them you find the bronze standing man, the man-head with protruding eyes,golden mask, holy tree, gold cane, etc. are the hugest bronze standing man.And the man- head found till today. Those important and breakthrough discoveries attracted world's attention in the fields of archeology, fine arts, smelting,culture and museums and history.
In the history of world bronze age archaeological discoveries,only in Egypt and Greece were unearthed such life-size bronze man,life-size bronze man-head,and life-size gold man-face mask. Now in China such relics have been found.Those important and breakthrough discoveries attracted at once world's attention in the fields of archeology fine arts,smelting, culture and museums and history.
So large ancient town ruins, so strange shapes of relics, and so peculiar cultural connotation eloquently indicate that the location of the ruins was the site of the ancient Shu State 3,000 years ago, and the history of the ancient Shu once had an incomparable brilliant chapter here.
The relics unearthed at the Sanxingdui sacrificial pits have filled in the blanks in archaeology,in history of bronze art and of culture and art in China,and added new contents to chinese ancient civilization and culture, and left us precious cultural heritage.
Top attractions in Chengdu
Tours including Sanxingdui Ruins
- 12 Days of Pandas, Mountains and Exciting Cities Tour from USD
- 12 Days Fabulous Sightseeing Discovery Tour
- 21 Days World Heritage Sites with Minority Exploration Tour
- 15 Days National Park Impression Tour
- 8 Days Splendid Daocheng, Yading Biking Tour
- 8 Days Chengdu & Sacred Mt. Emei(Emeishan) Trekking Tour
Hot Tours 2013
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour
China City Tours
Tel:0086 773 5833156
Fax:0086 773 5831392