Chinese Tea Museum
The Chinese Tea Museum is China's largest tea museum, located in the beautiful Longjing Village near the West Lake. The museum is opened to the public in 1991 and is home to a detailed history of tea, an explanation of tea harvest and brewing, utensils used to make tea and a tea art area.
In all area around the museum lie tea-fields rich and fragrant with the museum sitting in the center like a jewel; the area among the museum are the ancient dwellings that are of characteristic of the buildings in the regions south of the Yangtze River. In addition, the museum itself is designed in keeping with the local aesthetics and the many courtyards of the museum are as beautiful as the museum itself, decorated with rows of sweet smelling flows, green trees and red tiles adorning the outside of the building.
The Museum is divided into five individual halls, namely Hall of History of Chinese Tea, Hall of Chinese Tea displaying the most famed teas in China and other countries, Hall of Tea-set, Hall of Tea Knowledge, and Hall of Chinese Tea introducing the colorful tea custom in Yunnan, Sichuan, Tibet, Fujian and Guangdong, as well a look at the tea-culture of the Ming and Qing Dynasties.
The museum also includes a reception and conference center; master tea-brewers also offer demonstrations of brewing tea which also includes tasting.
Top attractions in Hangzhou
Hot Tours 2017
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour
China City Tours
Tel:0086 773 5833156
Fax:0086 773 5817771